Title Image

Royalty Owners

Royalty Owners

Our royalty owners are an important part of our business. If you have a question that has not been addressed in our FAQ’s, please contact us by the phone number or email address provided on this page. We will make every effort to answer your question in a timely manner. Thank you for contacting Centennial Resource Development, we value our relationships with royalty owners and look forward to serving you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Payment Information

1) When should I receive my revenue check?

Checks are mailed to royalty owners the last day of the month.  Please allow up to 15 days to receive your check.

2) How do I get a copy of my revenue statement?

We provide secure, online access to royalty payment information and joint interest billings (JIBs) via https://www.EnergyLink.com.  If you are having trouble logging in, please call EnergyLink’s (formerly JibLink.com) toll free number 888-573-3364 for assistance.


EnergyLink detail is typically available 1-2 business days after the last day of the month.

3) Can I set up direct deposit for my revenue check?

We do not currently offer direct deposit for revenue payments, but we are actively working on adding this payment option and will notify all royalty owners when it is available.

4) What is minimum monthly royalty payment amount?

A check will be issued when an owner’s account reaches a minimum balance of $100. This threshold can be changed to $25 upon written request. However, each June, we issue checks to all accounts with a balance of at least $1.00.

5) Why does my payment differ from others in my family?

This can occur because ownership between family members is not equal, because one party has not provided us with a Tax ID (TIN) or other required information, or because some family members may own interest in other properties in addition to those commonly owned.  Other factors possibly causing variances between family member check amounts may be related to stale dated checks, returned checks and/or address changes.

6) Can a check 180-days or older be cashed?

We do not place an expiration date on our revenue checks; however, please contact our Royalty Owner hotline prior to cashing a check that is older than 180 days to verify the check has not been voided.  You can reach our Royalty Owner hotline at ownerrelations@cdevinc.com or by calling 888-550-8876.

7) What if I fail to cash my checks?

If we are not able to reach the royalty owner, the royalty funds will eventually be transferred to the state of your last known address, based on that state’s unclaimed property rules.

8) When are royalty payments suspended?

Royalty payments may be suspended (or held in suspense) until certain conditions are satisfied.  For example, royalty payments may be suspended when any of the following occurs:

  • We have not received a signed Division Order relating to the property
  • We are missing the royalty owner’s Tax ID number
  • We do not have the royalty owner’s address or the address is incorrect or not current
  • We receive notice of an assignment of the royalty interest
  • We receive notice of the death of the royalty owner
  • We are missing other documentation, title instruments or documents confirming ownership by the royalty owner
  • We receive notice of disputes involving proper apportionment or ownership of the royalty interest


If you believe your royalty payments may be held in suspense, please contact our Royalty Owner hotline, and we can discuss the reason for the suspended status and the amount of suspended funds. Please note: We can only discuss your own account and cannot provide information regarding family members or friends without their express written consent.

9) How do I obtain information available under Section 91.504 of the Texas Natural Resources Code?

The Texas Natural Resources Code gives an owner of a royalty interest in oil and gas produced in Texas the right to request certain information from exploration and production companies, like us.  Some of this information is provided on the check detail for the royalty checks we issue. For example, we provide the heating value of gas under the heading of “BTU” and information relating to itemized deductions are listed under each product on the check detail.


If a royalty owner would like to request other information covered by Section 91.504 of the Texas Natural Resources Code, that request must be made in writing by certified mail to the address listed below. We will respond by certified mail within 60 days of the request, as required by the Texas Natural Resources Code.


Centennial Resource Production, LLC

Royalty Owner Mail Box

1001 Seventeenth Street, Suite 1800

Denver, CO 80202

Tax Information

1) When will IRS Form 1099-Misc be issued?

The IRS requires that we issue our 1099’s relating to royalty payments paid in a given year on or before January 31st of the following taxable year, or the first business day thereafter if January 31st falls on a weekend.

Change of Address Information

1) I recently moved, how can I change my address?

All address changes must be submitted in writing with a signature. For the protection of our royalty owners, we do not process address changes over the telephone or via email message as we do require a signed form. You may download the “Change of Address” form here.  Completed and signed Change of Address forms can be sent to us via e-mail at ownerrelations@cdevinc.com or by mail at the following address:


Centennial Resource Production, LLC
Attention: Division Order Department
1001 17th Street, Suite 1800
Denver, CO  80202

2) How long does it take to change an address in the records?

Address changes may take up to 60 days to process and update in the system.

3) I haven’t heard back from the Royalty Owner Hotline, should I re-send?

Please don’t send multiple requests of the same item as this slows our response time.  Please allow 72 hours for a reply.  The query will be handled in the order in which it was received.

Ownership Changes

1) There has been a transfer of interest, when should I notify Centennial?

Please notify our Owner Relations hotline as soon as possible so we can make the necessary updates to our system.  Even if your conveyance documents are at the courthouse waiting to be recorded, please contact us immediately so we can suspend revenue based on the new documents. Due to our high volume of requests, transfers may take up to 60 days to complete.

2) What type of documents will be needed if I sell my minerals or royalty interest?

Please provide the conveyancing document as filed of record in the County in which the property is located.

3) What should I provide to Centennial if the royalty owner has died with a Will and probate proceedings are to be conducted in the state where the property is located?

Please provide a copy of the Death Certificate, a certified copy of the Last Will & Testament, the Order admitting the Will to Probate, and Letters Testamentary. The Will, Order and Letters must be recorded in the County where the property is located.

4) What should I provide to Centennial if the royalty owner has died without a Will (intestate) and the Estate is under administration (Laws of Descent and Distribution will apply as relevant)?

Please provide a copy of the Death Certificate and a certified copy of the Administration proceedings.

5) What should I provide to Centennial if the royalty owner has died without a Will (intestate) and no administration will be conducted, or with a Will which will not be probated?

Please provide a copy of the Death Certificate and contact Centennial for an Affidavit of Heirship form. This form must be properly completed and notarized. It should be executed by two disinterested parties and recorded in the County where the property is located.

6) What if the interest in a property is owned by Joint Tenancy and one of the owners has died? What do I provide?

Please provide a copy of the Death Certificate of the Joint Tenant.

7) I have an ownership change due to a recent divorce. What do I need to provide to update the ownership records?

Please provide a complete copy of the Divorce Decree including the Settlement Agreement.  Also, provide any recorded conveyances.

8) What do I provide if a Trust has been newly created or there has been a change in a Trust or Partnership?

If a new Trust or Partnership has been established, please provide a copy of the Trust or Partnership Agreement and send a copy of the recorded document conveying the property interest to the Trust or Partnership.


If a Trust or Partnership is terminated, please provide the Dissolution of Trust or Partnership and provide a copy of the recorded conveyance to the beneficiary.


If there is a change in Trustee, please provide a recorded instrument whereby the Successor Trustee was appointed along with the pages from the Trust Agreement showing the original Trustee(s) and successor Trustee(s).

Centennial Resource Development, Inc.
Attention: Owner Relations
1001 Seventeenth Street
Suite 1800
Denver, CO 80202
Owner Hotline: 888-550-8876

Download W9 Form
Download Change of Address Form