Surface Landman – Denver, CO
Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (“CRD”) (NASDAQ: CDEV) is currently seeking a Surface Landman for the Land Department. Reporting to the Surface Land Manager, the Surface Landman will manage the drill schedule for their respective area ensuring all well locations are Released to Build within the given time frame. Responsibilities will include acquiring surface rights required to conduct oil and gas operations and negotiating with respective landowners to acquire such rights. The ideal candidate will work well on a team, have experience working with surface contracts, have strong negotiating and project management skills as well as an understanding of all aspects of surface land operations. This job will be based in Denver, however experience working in the Permian Basin in Texas and/or New Mexico is a plus.
General responsibilities include:
- Act as liaison between different disciplines in the Denver office and the field surface landman in Midland, TX for a given area of responsibility.
- Negotiate and maintain positive working relationship with respective landowners.
- Draft and/or make redlines to surface use agreements, rights-of-way, easements and other surface contracts required to conduct oil and gas operations. Negotiate said agreements with landowners or their attorneys.
- Interface with respective regulatory agencies (TXDOT, County, State, BLM etc..) to obtain necessary permits.
- Delegate to and coordinate with field brokers as required.
- Coordinate with construction personnel and land surveyors to locate and stake well pads, pipelines, roads, etc.
- Work with internal CDEV disciplines and external stakeholders to make sure all locations proposed are timely Released to Build and rig ready prior to spud dates ensuring that surface use agreements, rights-of-way, easements, staking, surveying, etc. are in place and landowners properly compensated.
- Work closely with the Completions and Drilling groups on water sourcing and disposal including temporary and permanent pipeline routes.
- Coordinate with Land Technician to ensure agreements, check requests and other documents are properly tracked and filed.
- Special projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills include:
- Excellent negotiating and project management skills
- Proficient with surface use agreements, easements and other surface related contracts
- Experience working with land surveyors in the field, staking pads, pipelines, etc.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior ability to prioritize activities and meet all deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate a positive/flexible attitude in a fast-paced, team-based work environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in the E&P sector, preferably in an in-house Surface Land department