Sr. Petrophysicist – Denver, CO
Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDEV) is currently seeking a Sr. Petrophysicist. Reporting to the Vice President, Geosciences, the Sr. Petrophysicist will be a key member of our geoscience and petrotechnical team and be expected to support field development activities to maximize recovery. The ideal candidate will have strong technical as well as communication skills and be able to contribute his/her expertise while working on multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform in-depth, well specific & regional petrophysical studies including full integration of core & log data
- Combine logging data from multiple downhole sensors with core and sample data to determine the hydrocarbon production capacity, lithology and fluid saturation of a reservoir
- Interpret well logs including wellbore stability and pore pressure model development
- Log model calibration to routine and special core analysis in all targeted stratigraphic horizons
- Provides multi-discipline support and petrophysical evaluation in unconventional reservoirs including: siliciclastic, carbonate and fractured reservoirs
- Collaborate with engineers and geologists to develop saturation-height relationships for use in geological and flow simulation models
- Performs reliable industry standard formation evaluation in support of well operation
- Review and select best petrophysical vendors based on technical and economic factors
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 6+ years of oil and gas experience, preferably with a field wire line company and on petrophysical/engineering/geological team to develop comprehensive, integrated reservoir interpretation for asset evaluation
- Permian experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of measurements made on core and the application of those measurements to measured log data
- Proficient understanding of core to log integration and resultant reservoir modeling
- Strong understanding of the general applications of wireline and LWD logs, with wireline openhole log experience being a plus. Knowledge of resistivity and nuclear log physics.
- Formation tester tool and pressure transient analysis experience is a plus, as is image data processing and analysis.
- Good understanding of basic and advanced logging tools (imaging, mineralogy, NMR), response, and calibration
- Must be self-motivated and capable of independently integrating within multi-disciplinary teams
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Proficiency in Petra, or other relevant geological software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office