Geotech/Sr. Geotech – Denver, CO
Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (“CRD”) (NASDAQ: CDEV) is currently seeking a Senior Geotech to provide geological, geophysical and administrative support for the Geoscience Department along with additional support to Senior Management, the Land Department, the Operations Department and the Reservoir Engineering Department on an as needed basis. Reporting to the Geotech Lead, the Senior Geotech this role will support all aspects of geoscience data and software data loading to database maintenance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in geoscience workflows, data and software along with a creative problem-solving mindset.
General responsibilities include:
- All aspects of daily support for the Petra and SMT Kingdom projects including; well and production updates, LAS and raster log loading, 2D/3D seismic loading, general data loading, formation tops and zone data loading, project troubleshooting, coordination with IT as it pertains to the projects, etc.
- Provide support to the Geoscience Department along with other corporate departments for creation of maps, cross sections, contour maps, data import/export/research/entry and analysis, activity tracking, layer files, reports, etc. as required
- Provide daily support to the operations geology team including daily data loading, op/non-op well tracking and updating, loading of well metrics into corporate databases and interaction with systems engineering and operations tech groups to support database uniformity and data requests
- Create and maintain geoscience databases for archival purposes along with day to day functionality and usefulness
- Maintenance of well files as it pertains to geoscience information including the cataloging and filing of hard copy log and report data and electronic filing of the same
- Supports maintenance of geoscience equipment; plotter, log plotter, etc.
Knowledge and Skills include:
- Expert knowledge of Petra and SMT Kingdom, proficiency with Petrel is a plus.
- High proficiency in data loading including log data, zone data, seismic data, cultural data, grid data, etc.
- Well versed with IHS Enerdeq and Lognet products along with extensive knowledge of data loading in both Petra and SMT Kingdom
- Experience at handling requests from various departments and working in a highly active multidisciplinary team
- Sound knowledge of geoscience workflows, data and processes with a willingness to learn
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) with the ability to create and maintain geoscience databases
- Comfortable in a team/multi-disciplinary environment
- 5 years of relevant experience in the E&P sector, preferably with a company where the individual was part of an active development team running multiple rigs; Permian Basin experience is a plus.