Safety Specialist – Midland, TX
Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDEV) is seeking a Safety Specialist in its Midland, TX office. Reporting to and under the direction of the EHS Manager, the Safety Specialist will perform duties associated with the safety operations of Centennial and its partner vendors. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing job-site supervision and management with the information and support required to run all operations at an optimal safety level, train employees, and analyze job hazards on a continuing basis.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform hazard analysis of project area and facilities to identify incident producing conditions and practices and evaluate the exposure and control factors affecting operations
- Perform regular formally documented audits of facilities and operations to identify and evaluate incident producing conditions and practices
- Assist management in the safety evaluation of hazards and exposures of planned or proposed facilities or operations. Provide instruction to personnel in hazard identification techniques
- Assist in compliance with State, Federal, and Company incident reporting and record keeping requirements
- Provide training to employees and contractors in the areas of health and safety, environmental responsibilities and ensure necessary follow up training is complete where necessary. Assure accurate maintenance of employee training records digitally and physical records on site (if applicable)
- Maintain the incident reporting system to endure the completeness and validity of all information reported
- Participate in inspections, audit and surveys of the working environment, including the health, safety and environmental program, to help ensure a safe and healthy work-site in accordance with all company policies and safe practices
- Complete and maintain all necessary OSHA, state, EPA and client accident and injury reports
- Responsible for learning the use of a variety of monitors and tools which will be used on a frequent basis to evaluate employee exposure
- Occupational safety and health certificate or undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Safety.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry, specifically oil field operations preferred
- Strong organizational and communications skills are essential
- A strong, team-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work in Microsoft office applications and utilize computer based environmental and O&G data management systems.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and be able to work safely within company and industry safety practices, including comfortably climbing on storage tank cat-walks and being on your feet in the field for most of the working day