Production Business Analyst – Denver, CO
Reporting to the Manager of Applications and Analytics, the Production Business Analyst is responsible for working with the specified business units to align technology solutions with business strategies. The specific area of focus for this role is any application that affects employees in Production Reporting/Production Ops and SCADA, such as Merrick. The Business Analyst demonstrates an informed knowledge of a business area to resolve problems on an ongoing business. This role supports several complex business processes and works on multiple IT projects as a project lead. This role will work closely with management to ensure enterprise software is supported, developed and implemented according to agreed upon standards and that change management and project management structures are adhered to throughout the life cycle. The position requires an understanding of oil and gas specific business processes.
- Serves as a liaison between the Production & SCADA business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Adheres to SOX application controls
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of oil and gas specific business processes required.
- Specific knowledge of Merrick (including Procount) and SCADA systems is required.
- SQL Proficiency required.
- 8-10 years of relevant technical or business work experience.