Geosciences Manager – Denver, CO
Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (“CRD”) (NASDAQ: CDEV) is currently seeking a Geosciences Manager to help lead the Geoscience Department by managing all geological analysis and workflows. Reporting to the Vice President of Geosciences, the Geosciences Manager will work with a team of geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicist, and geo techs to provide the geoscience expertise needed for an active development program. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in unconventional play analysis, development and exploration, along with a creative problem-solving mindset. The candidate must have demonstrated leadership capabilities and be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
General responsibilities include:
- Manage geosciences team and deliverables and serve as an integrated member of the development and operational geology team maintaining a close working relationship with the project geophysicist, petrophysicist, operation geologists and geotechnical staff along with all other technical and corporate groups
- Lead geosciences team to ensure base and advance mapping, log analysis, core analysis, integration of seismic, operations and public data into the reservoir model and understanding. Must maintain a “pleased but never satisfied” approach to all things relevant to the discipline.
- Manage and try to optimize geoscience workflows and support for advancing our understanding of the reservoir and the regional geologic context using an integrated multidisciplinary approach focused on improving our development approach and increasing asset value by driving technical innovation.
- Provide key focus on the current development horizons and lead the team to advance our understanding of other potential zones for testing and future development, both up-hole opportunities and in other parts of the greater Permian Basin.
- Responsible for geoscience-based data collection programs and integration efforts; core, log, etc.
- Facilitate near- to long-term development planning, obtain from geoscience team and vet recommendations for operated and non-operated well proposals, and manage evaluations of potential opportunities for leasing, purchasing land and trades
- Maintain strong knowledge of offset and competitor activity and focus on industry networking
- Lead team and corporate level technical reviews
Knowledge and Skills include:
- Master’s degree in geology or geophysics
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably with an operator with an active development program
- 3+ years of leadership in a geoscience department
- Technical and operational background in unconventional resource plays, preferably in the Rockies and Permian Basin
- Short course/continuing education training in petrophysics, stratigraphy, and other relevant topics a plus
- Extensive experience in Petra with SMT Kingdom experience a plus
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who is self-motivated and utilizes a sound and practical approach to advance understanding with an ability to create, promote and support innovative ideas
- Experience in both early and late life development of unconventional properties and multi-rig development programs with multiple prospective horizons.
- Experience creating and presenting technical review at a team and corporate level
- Petra, Kingdom, and/or Petrel knowledge preferred.